Posters
« Back
COMBINED HYSTEROLAPAROSCOPY IN   EVALUATION OF FEMALE INFERTILITY
EP29408
COMBINED HYSTEROLAPAROSCOPY IN EVALUATION OF FEMALE INFERTILITY
Submitted on 24 Nov 2018

Nikita Gandotra
Senior resident ,department of obstetrics and gynaecology GMC JAMMU
This poster was presented at none
Poster Views: 268
View poster »
Poster Abstract
BACKGROUND: Infertility has always been one of the most elusive symptom complexes that perplex the best gynecologists and affects about 10-15% of reproductive age couples.MATERIALS AND METHODS: This Descriptive study was conducted in the Postgraduate Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Government Medical College,Jammu for a period of 18 months in which 100 infertile females attending OPD for infertility workup were subjected to detailed relevant history taking followed by physical examination. Diagnostic hysteroscopy and laparoscopy along with laparoscopic chromopertubation was carried out after written informed consent including minimal therapeutic interventions if required.RESULTS: Out of 100 patients included in the study, 67 (67%) presented with primary infertility and 33 (33%) presented with secondary infertility. Combined laparoscopy and hysteroscopy was normal in 13% (13) of cases. Out of 100 patients, abnormal laparoscopic findings were noted in 73% of patients : Endometriosis ( 13%),Polycystic ovaries (12%),Unilateral tubal block (11%), Pelvic inflammatory disease (9%).Abnormal hysteroscopic findings were noted in 47% of patients: Submucous myoma (8%),unilateral ostial block (8%),Endometrial polyp (7%),Hyperplasic endometrium (7%),Cervical stenois(6%).Most common cause of infertility in our study on Combined hysteroscopy and laparoscopy was Endometriosis ( 13% ) followed by Polycystic ovaries (12%),Uterine myoma (12%) out of which 5% myomas were diagnosed on laparoscopy and 8% on hysteroscopy and 1% had myoma diagnosed on both hysteroscopy and laparoscopy .In the primary infertility group most common finding was Polycystic ovaries (16.4%) followed by Endometriosis (14.9%) and uterine myoma ( 14.9%) while in patients suffering from secondary infertility, most patients had Bilateral tubal block (18.2%) ,Pelvic inflammatory disease (12.1%), Unilateral tubal block (12.1%),intrauterine adhesions (12.1%). CONCLUSION: Combined Hysteroscopy and Laparoscopy is a quintessential tool that provides cost-effective, comprehensive and single set-up diagnostic aid in infertile patients

1. WHO-ICMART revised glossary. Fertility and Sterility and Human Reproduction 2009
2. Richard O. Burney, Daniel J. Schust Mylene W.M. Yao INFERTILITY Chapter 30: BEREK and Novak’s Gynaecology Fourteenth edition..
3. National, Regional, Global trends in Infertility Prevalence since 1990 WHO study: A systematic study of 277 health surveys: 2012.
4. Marc A. Fritz and Leon Speroff. Female infertility Chapter 27:Clininical Gynecologic Endocrinology And Infertility Eight Edition
5. Parveen S, Khanam M. Role of combined diagnostic laparoscopy and simultaneous diagnostic hysteroscopy for evaluation of female sub fertility factors. J Surg Pak 2010; 15:44-7.
6. Abdelazim IA, Elezz AA. Complimentary roles of hysteroscopy and saline infusion hysterosonography in uterine cavity assessment before in vitro fertilization. Asian Pac J Reprod 2012; 1(1):1316.

7. Nayak KP , Mahapatra CP, Mallick JJ, Swain S, Mitra S, Sahoo J. Role of diagnostic hysterolaparoscopy in th
Report abuse »
Questions
Ask the author a question about this poster.
Ask a Question »

Creative Commons

Related Posters


Things just keep changing: Family caregivers' perceptions of the impact of Huntington's disease on caregiver burden
Jess Kaplonyi, Dr Christopher Lind, Catherine Christian, Irene Scott

The EurOPDX EDIReX project: towards a European Research Infrastructure on patient-derived cancer models
E. Vinolo 1, J.P. Morris 1, D.G. Alférez 2, J. Arribas 3,4,5, C. Bernadó 3,4,5, A. Bertotti 6, A. Bruna 7, A.T. Byrne 8, C. Caldas 7, R.B. Clarke 2, N. Conte 9, R. Corsi 10, S. Corso 6, M. Crespo 3, A. Dahmani 11, V. Dangles-Marie 11, D. Decaudin 11, Z. Dudová 12, A. Fiori 6, S. Giordano 6, M. Hauptsmann 13, M. Hidalgo 14, C. Isella 6, S. de Jong 15, J. Jonkers 13, A. Křenek 12, O. Krijgsman 13, D. Kouřil 12, J.C. Lacal 14, L. Lanfrancone 16, E. Leucci 17, G.M. Mælandsmo 18, E. Marangoni 11, J. Mason 9, M.Th. Mayrhofer 19, A. Mazzocca 6, T.S. Meehan 9, E. Montaudon 11, F. Nem

Outcomes of prolotherapy for intra-tendinous Achilles tears: A case series
Ben Havard, Otto Chan, Dylan Morrissey, Sarah Morton

CT signs of Internal Hernia after Roux En Y bypass
Dr Farah Aldhaher, Dr Michael Steward, Dr Jane Young

Ultrasound guided neck biopsy in the diagnosis of malignancy – an audit of practice
Dr Nuran Seneviratne, Dr Bikram Bhattacharjee, Miss Duaa Khair